Content for Apache OpenOffice version 3.4.
:: com :: sun :: star :: util ::
- A service to support the substitution and resubstitution of path variables.
A path variable must be specified with the following synatx: "$("<variable-name>")".
Path variables are not case sensitive and are always provided as a UCB-complient URL's
(for example: "file:///c:/temp" or "file:///usr/install"). This is mandatory to support an
optional remote file system.
A user defined list of path variables is supported. This list is stored in the Office
configuration file (org/openoffice/Office/Substitution.xml). Please have a look at the
schema definition file which configuration structure this file uses.
There is also a set of variables that have pre-defined values:
- Installation path of the Office Basis layer.
- Program path of the Office Basis layer.
- Installation path of the the Office Brand layer.
- The user installation directory.
- The work directory of the user. Under Windows this would be the
"MyDocuments" subdirectory. Under Unix this would be the home-directory
- The home directory of the user. Under Unix this would be the home-
directory. Under Windows this would be the "Documents and Settings\"
- The current temporary directory.
- The value of PATH environment variable.
- The country code used by the Office, like 01=english, 49=german.
- The language code used by the Office, like 0x0009=english, 0x0409=english us.
- The language used by the Office as a string. Like "german" for a german Office.
Attention: Most predefined variables describe an absolute path.
The only exceptions are: $(lang), $(langid) and $(vlang).
Therefore the service implementation should only substitute variables which
are located at the start of a provided path string or are part of a multi-path.
This special service is not designed to be a text substiution but shall
provide (a) valid substituted path(s).
- OOo 1.1.2
|Exported Interfaces - Summary
Interface to exchange path variables with defined paths and to resubstitute paths with path variables.
Top of Page
|Exported Interfaces - Details
- Interface to exchange path variables with defined paths and to resubstitute paths with path variables.
To resubstitute path variables the caller must provide pathes as UCB-compliant URL's.
Copyright © 2013, The Apache Software Foundation, Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. Apache, the Apache feather logo, Apache OpenOffice and OpenOffice.org are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.